Careforce has been operating in the Annapolis Valley since 1990, and has grown from a small private company into the thriving worker cooperative our clients know today. In 2006, Careforce's owner/operator decided it was time to move on from the business. Although there were many possibilities, a group of motivated employees (including caregivers, administrative, and nursing staff) banded together, pooled their resources and decided to try and buy the business. Nearly two years later, with assistance from the Canadian Worker Cooperative Federation and iNova Credit Union, the Careforce Home Care Worker Cooperative was born.
What does that mean? It means that Careforce isn't owned by a single person, or even a small partnership of people. Instead, it is owned and operated by a large (and growing) group of employees. In fact, many of the caregivers our clients see in their homes every day are not just employees, but also owners of the business. They help make key management decisions, share in the profit of the business, and ensure we enjoy success together. The quality of service our clients have come to appreciate happens - in large part - because our employees have a direct stake in our success. Pretty cool story, huh?
Since becoming a worker cooperative, Careforce has continued to be recognized and has played a growing role in the community. We are proud to have received the Eastern Kings Chamber of Commerce Outstanding New Business Award in 2010, and the Annapolis Valley Chamber of Commerce's 'Best in Kings' award in 2014. We are proud to be members in good standing with the Better Business Bureau, and we now have offices in Kentville and Kingston.
A community where every person has the opportunity, means, and support to live comfortably and safely for as long as possible.
To empower people to live comfortably and safely through our team of compassionate and skillful caregivers. These caregivers will provide physical, social, emotional, and spiritual support to both clients and their families, and will continuously strive to enhance the client's quality of life.
As a Cooperative, we also strive to live by the 7 Cooperative Principles:
1. Voluntary and Open Membership
2. Democratic Member Control
3. Members' Economic Participation
4. Autonomy and Independence
5. Education, Training, and Information
6. Cooperation Among Cooperatives
7. Concern for Community
THE TOP 8 REASONS TO CHOOSE CAREFORCE
At Careforce, we work hard to earn your business. Here are just a few of the many reasons to choose Careforce.
1. We are person focused, not task focused. Our caregivers aren't just concerned about getting tasks done (although they're great at that too); they care about making you feel special.
2. All of our caregivers are supervised by a Nurse; you can be sure you are in good hands with Careforce's caregivers, who are also carefully screened and well trained. Having a Nurse on your side gives you extra confidence and peace of mind.
3. A small, consistent team of caregivers focused on your needs; while some home care agencies send a different caregiver to their clients each day, Careforce understands that you want consistency. You can expect to work with a small, devoted team of caregivers that will get to know your needs and deliver consistent results.
4. We are responsive. If you choose Careforce, you will have a caregiver who is right for you in your home quickly (usually within 48 hours or sooner).
5. No long-term contracts, ever. Careforce believes you should never have to pay for care you don't need. If you ever wish to cancel or postpone service, all you have to do is say so.
6. We are local. We care about our community because we all live here, too. You can always speak with somebody local - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - when you call Careforce. No automated phone commands! We have offices in Kentville and Kingston to serve you.
7. Our workers are also owners. Because many of our caregivers also own the company, they are more heavily invested in providing you with a perfect experience.
8. We offer the most flexible shifts in the Annapolis Valley. You need care when YOU need it, not when it's convenient for your caregiver.
We’ve helped hundreds of Valley residents with our expertise, compassion and personalized care and we’d be pleased to help you.
Give us a call. We’d like to help.
For your FREE in-home consultation call 1-866-966-1466.